Friday, May 2, 2008

A shoulda, coulda, woulda, moment...dayum...I'm stupid!

So, last night I had a stalker, not in the "oh my goodness" sense. It was one of those missed opportunities. Which in a way wasn't my fault, but maybe it was the guy's. I don't know, but I can't stop thinking about if I "woulda, coulda, shoulda".

I was on my way to the corner store late last night. I also was on my cell with a friend of mine. Now, it's dark on the street besides the street lights and I'm already in my talk zone. I hear the honk of a horn and because NY has so many cars honking at each other, I'm not sure if it's honking at me or another vehicle. It was honking at me, but it's dark, I can't see where it's coming from. I just continue on my way.

I get in the store, still on my phone by the way, get my drink, and when I turn around from the refrigerators, there is the finest Indian dude standing behind me. What the fuck!? He gives me this smile and those pitch black eyes had a damn "sparkle" (can you hear the romance writer coming out in this tale? lol) But I swear they like twinkled. I don't know, like he knew me or something. I paid for my drink then was about to leave when he is still behind me. He says hello, with that big ass grin. I can't help but smile back and of course say hello. The boy was damn fine as hell. Just cute all around. He deserved a my kool-aid smile and a hello back. But, I thought that was it. Until I left the store. Walking back toward the apt building and I realized he was following me. He followed me all the way home.

I should have been scared, right? But I wasn't, he was too cute, but he didn't try and get my attention the way that a guy would. Yes, I was still on the phone and yes, after all was said and done, I SHOULD have hung that bitch up and confronted him on his stalking tendencies...right? LOL But then I asked myself, he didn't man up...so he deserved to not get any play. I heard a soft "hi" when I got to my building, but he'd already said "hi". It just made me wonder. Did I know him? No, I think I would have recognized someone that good looking walking past me. Then I thought about COULD I have done anything differently to make him feel I was approachable. Yet, I didn't speed my walking up. I didn't make it seem that I was uncomfortable. Hell, he practically got hit by a car when we walked across the street (although it was the guy in the cars fault for not paying attention). But he hurried to catch up with me. Through all that you WOULDA thought he'd make sure he at least made contact.

Well, I'm kicking myself for not taking that initiative, but also pissed at him for stalking me then not following through.

Dayum, he was so fuckin' cute...geez. I hope I see him again. I'm gonna make contact for real...lmao

Dee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in the central part of the U.S now but I'm a native New Yorker.

LOL....only in New York could you get "stalked" by a fine man on a dark night alone in the streets heading home and regret not getting his number!

Ljay